Monday, June 23, 2008

#19 choose happy?

I had a little while ago. I was driving along in my car thinking about my future. Planning things out, dreaming up the perfect life. What kind of husband I would like, what kind of car I would like to be driving, financial seciuirty, a good job. I equated all of this to satisfaction, to fulfilment. Have you ever told yourself “I’ll be happy when “blank”. When I’m grown up and married I’ll finally be happy. When I get that job I’ll be happy. That position will make me satisfied. So here’s my thought…. What if I actually spend all my time dwelling on what it will take to make me happy, and forget to actually be happy. I don’t wanna spend 10 years wishing for something, thinking of happiness as a semi attainable goal in the future.

I choose to be happy, content, satisfied, and blessed today. And tomorow, and the day after that.

No comments: