Saturday, June 14, 2008

#13 mystery

In the times I can give no earthly explanation
I have come to understand
That the inner workings of you
That I cannot fathom and do not know
Are perhaps better than plain logic
Though harder to swallow

In times where no reasoning will suffice
In times where mere words are not enough
When I find myself both lost and found in the sheer mystery
Of your creation

I have come to understand that what I cannot fathom is perhaps
The most beautiful part

And I continue breathing in the belief that a day will come
When I breathe my last
And I shall stand before you, the author of such mystery
And though no words may pass between us
The mystery will dissipate
In the sheer glorious light of my creator

That heaven’s gates will act as a threshold
Through which every earthly question and desire
Will be put to rest
And my soul will enter eternity,
No longer weighed down by my quest

but in the meantime…
I will choose not frustration
When my mind longs for resolve
But thank you for giving me
The ability to question

I will not blame you for injustice
Nor concede that you mustn’t be a God of love
But use the hands you gave me
To fight for the freedom of my fellow man

I will choose not un-forgiveness
When I have been sinned against
But remember your sacrifice upon a cross
That took away my right to harbour hate

I shall rejoice in the unknown
I shall willingly trust and follow
I will marvel at the setting sun and the rising moon
Content with the knowledge that they too follow your divine lead

And although my destination is at times unknown
And I do not know where my path ends
The most important truth on the journey remains
That I know and love my Shepherd

2 comments:

katdish said...

Totally amazing. May I link this to my blog?

ash said...

of course you can :)