Tuesday, June 17, 2008

#16 airports

i am at the airport right now. if you don't believe me here is photobooth proof.



i think that old dude realised i had taken a photo of him. awkward.

i love airports a lot. I grew up living overseas, so i spent a lot of time in airports. i like to watch people and imagine where they've come from and where they're going. i will never forget once, my brother was flying in with his fiancee from London, and I was picking them up. I had arrived quite early out of sheer excitement. i sat there, and watched was what probably the most romantic thing i have ever seen. she was about 50. he was about the same age. he appeared through the doors, and she ran. he saw her. he ran. the point of impact was not even a kiss or a "jump all over eachother" moment. They grabbed hands, and just stared at eachother. and stared. and stared. and cried. and smiled. and stared. then kissed. for about 2 minutes. which is a long time to kiss...well from an observer's perspective it was. they stood there without even talking for about 5 minutes, just soaking eachother up.


by this point i am crying, and have failed to realise that my brother and his fiancee have arrived, and are standing next to me watching me sob.

then i saw them and sobbed all over again.

ooh my flight just got called. i'm out

No comments: