Monday, June 23, 2008

#18 majesty

I sat down under the stars
Mesmerised by the sheer size of the heavens above
Relative to such beauty, I felt as though a grain of sand
On the shores of God’s creation

But then as I once again opened my heart
To hear from the familiar voice of this creator,
It were as if this all powerful being
Was but an old dear friend

How amazing I thought…to be both mesmerised by his majesty
And soothed by the intimacy of our discourse

What a powerful thought
That the creator of the heavens and earth
Could just as easily sit and listen
To the smallest details of my comings and goings

That he could cause the sun to rise,
And my tiny heart to continue beating in the same breath

And so in this moment underneath his vast heavens
I mutter a hopeful prayer

That in my intimacy with this creator
I would never lose my reverence

And that in my moments of reverence
I would never lose my intimacy

For such a tension is the crux of my salvation
It is the beauty of the act carried out at Calvary

That he lived a life of perfection
And then suffered his last breath on the cross
So that I could once again sit underneath these stars
And intimately know the name of the one who created them

No comments: